Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where's Johnny?

Where's Johnny? I caught myself thinking this today while watching the new Narnia movie. It sure felt a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean so naturally I was missing Jack Sparrow ie Johnny Depp.

"Here's Johnny!" Remember "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson. A really scary movie. But interesting to think that in the first example (Pirates) you have Johnny playing Jack, and the the second (Shining) you have Jack proclaiming "Here's Johnny".

One of my favourite songs of the 80's was "Johnny Come Home" by the Fine Young Cannibals. Oh, how I loved that song. Played it over and over.

Otherwise my favourite Johnny in music is of course the man in back, ie mr Johnny Cash himself. What a voice!

So, "Where's Johnny?". Well, Depp is the Tourist, Jack is not as scary anymore, the Cannibals are no more and Mr Cash is entertaining the Lord, but I guess there are millions of other great Johnnys out there and we all have our own Johnny-memories when hearing that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment