Thursday, April 21, 2011

Friends don't crucify!

Today Easter is on. All the witches our off to their annual Quidditch-game.

Sorry I haven't been writing much the last couple of months.I have been evaluating. What you might ask. Well, mostly life in general. And I must say that right now things are, at least, ok. Not super but then again not totally f**k'd up.

One of the main reason why I can actually call life ok today is friends. I'm not talking about that lame swedish pop/dance band group, but people who support, listen and are offering a shoulder to cry on if needed.

In the modern Face Book world the expression Friends have lost some of its meaning but take a minute to think about it. Friend. What does it mean to you? What is a true friend?

I am married to my best friend, I have friends at work and outside of work, friends hundred of miles away. I have true friends on FB and I even have, believe it or not, friends that are not even on FB. Friends that I know won't stab me in the back and friends thet won't crucify me when I feel sorry about myself after having a couple of beers.

This post is for all of you (and you know who you are). Thank you for being there when I need you and I hope you feel I'll be there for you if the shit hits the fan.

Last weekend I saw a wonderful movie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet which really incorporated the expression friends. "Micmacs" from 2009. If you haven't seen it - Do. And while you're at it, dont miss some of his other great movies, fx. Delicatessen and City of the Lost Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment